The Cobra 450 is a globally recognised braiding machine used for the overbraiding of wiring harnesses or cable assemblies. The main industry sectors include:
* Commercial automotive
* Off road vehicles
* Emergency vehicles
* Construction, mining and agriculture
Higher profitability , productivity and improved ergonomics are the key benefits of the Cobra wiring harness braiding machine. This is achieved in three areas.
* Firstly, the speed of the machine. For a comparison with your existing machine speeds, please contact Cobra.
* Secondly large packages of yarn or wire can be used which reduce runout wastage, save on machine downtime and reduce material shipping costs.
* Finally, the layout and options available on the Cobra 450 are designed to improve ergonomics. For example the noise level is low allowing the use of clear panels on the guards . This allows the operator to see the process and improves productivity.
For braiding PVC coated nylon we recommend using the 0.7lb or 1 lb braider packages. These are x2 and x3 larger than the standard 0.3 lb tube. These are also available for 2 strand yarn.
For braiding wire or metal, which includes wire as specified under Federal Specification A-A 59569 or QQ-B-575C, the Cobra 450 uses the global standard wire bobbins. This includes the 16 or 24 carrier bobbin.
Machines are available in carrier sizes 16, 24, 32, 36, 40, 48, 64 and 72.
The Cobra 450 can be supplied with a different range of options including:
* manual, mechanical or electrical feeding or pulling of the harness
* different guard systems to protect both the operator and the harness or cable assembly
* both vertical and horizontal options
As standard we include an automatic oil feed unit for the Cobra 450 braiding machine.
Cobra Braiding Machinery Ltd.
TEL +44 (0) 1260 279326